As the online and offline worlds continue to evolve and interact, marketers continue to seek advice and data to rationalize the choices they make about what kind of content to populate their websites with. When considering online video marketing for your business, review the evidence below, that shows you can increase sales and conversion rates, drive more traffic to your site, reduce servicing costs, make a strong connection between on and offline marketing efforts, and perhaps most importantly, build long-term relationships with your customers. That said, one caveat to a successful online media strategy is that quality of content and strategic deployment of online video marketing material.
Online Video Marketing: Quality Matters
- Video produced by a professional ad agency, and optimized correctly drives 30% more traffic than user-generated video (Source: Comscore).
Increase Your Conversion Rate & Revenue Per Sale
- Website visitors who review product and service informational videos during the course of their visit are 85% more likely to make a purchase than visitors who do not encounter video content (Source: Internet Retailer).
- Major Internet retailers and service providers report conversion rate increases from 6-44% for products that are supported by online video information (Source: ReelSEO).
- A recent Internet Retailer study showed that 52% of online shoppers said they feel more confident about making a purchase after watching a video about products they are considering. When a video is presented properly, and contains the appropriate amount of information, over two-thirds of consumers will watch a video twice.
- Retail sites with video increase the average sale revenue by 13% (Source: L2 Specialty Retail Report).
Drive More Traffic To Your Site With Online Video Marketing
- When optimized correctly, video content increases the likelihood of a first page Google search result by 53 times (Source: Forrester).
- Video content search results appear in 70% of the top 100 listings, which are the most commonly displayed results for universal or blended queries (Source: Marketingweek).
Reduce Customer Service Costs
- Major online brands including Dell and Virgin Mobile report a reduction in service call volume by 5-10% as a result of incorporating instructional, and product information videos on their websites (Source: The Australian).
- Online retailers have also found that strategically adding online video to support products has reduced product returns at a rate between 10-25% (Source: Internet Retailer).
Connect The Offline World With The Online World
- Leading CPG firms have found that online video correlates with a 6% increase in brick-and-mortar store sales (Source: Nielsen).
- Online video makes up approximately 50% of all smartphone traffic, and nearly 70% of traffic on certain provider networks (Source: Google).
- 80% of mobile device users employ their devices to help make purchase decisions, and at 74%, nearly all of them make a purchase as a result (Source: Google).
- Nearly 50% of online shoppers in the United States conducted research on products or services in store, or on location, before returning to home or work to make a purchase online (Source: eMarketer).
Build Relationships With Your Customers
- Online video marketing components drive increased purchase intent by nearly 1.25%, and are more than four time more effective than Flash content (Source: DoubleClick)
- Viewers favored a brand 2% more when exposed to online video ads, as opposed to just 0.15% for ads with just Flash animation (Source: DoubleClick)
- Consumers are increasingly correlating their expectations for online shopping experiences with that of their experience in brick-and-mortar stores. Opportunities to build brand affinity, and customer loyalty online with online video are increasingly important to the success of on and offline business models.
Use Video To Generate Social Media Buzz
- 46% of online shoppers share videos from retail and brand sites via Facebook, 40% by email, and 14% by Twitter.